[CONTEST HAS ENDED]
From director George Miller, originator of the post-apocalyptic genre and mastermind behind the legendary ‘Mad Max’ franchise, comes ‘MAD MAX: FURY ROAD’, a return to the world of the Road Warrior, Max Rockatansky.
Haunted by his turbulent past, Mad Max believes the best way to survive is to wander alone. Nevertheless, he becomes swept up with a group fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by an elite Imperator, Furiosa. They are escaping a Citadel tyrannized by the Immortan Joe, from whom something irreplaceable has been taken. Enraged, the Warlord marshals all his gangs and pursues the rebels ruthlessly in the high-octane Road War that follows.
Tom Hardy (‘The Dark Knight Rises’) stars in the title role in ‘MAD MAX: FURY ROAD’—the fourth in the franchise’s history. Oscar winner Charlize Theron (‘Monster,’ ‘Prometheus’) stars as the Imperator, Furiosa.
The film also stars Nicholas Hoult (‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’) as Nux; Hugh Keays-Byrne (‘Mad Max,’ ‘Sleeping Beauty’) as Immortan Joe; and Nathan Jones (‘Conan the Barbarian’) as Rictus Erectus. Collectively known as The Wives, Zoe Kravitz (‘Divergent’) plays Toast, Riley Keough (‘Magic Mike’) is Capable, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’) is Splendid, and supermodel Abbey Lee is The Dag, and Courtney Eaton is Fragile.
Also featured in the movie are Josh Helman as Slit, Jennifer Hagan as Miss Giddy, and singer/songwriter/performer iOTA as Coma-Doof Warrior.
The cast is rounded out by well-known Australian actors John Howard and Richard Carter, supermodel Megan Gale, Angus Sampson, Joy Smithers, Gillian Jones, Melissa Jaffer and Melita Jurisic.
Oscar-winning filmmaker George Miller (‘Happy Feet’) is directing the film from a screenplay he wrote with Brendan McCarthy and Nico Lathouris. Miller is also producing the film, along with longtime producing partner, Oscar nominee Doug Mitchell (‘Babe’, ‘Happy Feet’), and P.J. Voeten. Iain Smith, Graham Burke and Bruce Berman serve as executive producers.
The behind-the-scenes creative team includes Oscar-winning director of photography John Seale (‘The English Patient’), production designer Colin Gibson (‘Babe’), editor Margaret Sixel (‘Happy Feet’), Oscar-winning costume designer Jenny Beavan (‘A Room with a View’), action unit director and stunt coordinator Guy Norris (‘Australia’), and makeup designer Lesley Vanderwalt (‘Knowing’).
Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, a Kennedy Miller Mitchell production, a George Miller film, ‘MAD MAX: FURY ROAD.’ The film is scheduled for release in Malaysia on May 14, 2015, and will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures.
In conjunction with this exciting movie, Motor Trader is running a special contest with passes to attend a preview on May 13, 2015 at 9:15 pm at GSC 1Utama in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. 20 contest winners who pick the correct answers to both the following questions will win 4 (four) passes each.
1. In the post-apocalyptic world of MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, there is one natural resource that has become so scarce that it is more precious than diamonds.
(A) Water (B) Lithium (C) Iron
2. MAD MAX: FURY ROAD was filmed in this southern African country that is known for its wildlife and is nearly cut in half by the Tropic of Capricorn, providing the incredible deserts needed for the film.
(A) Botswana (B) South Africa (C) Namibia
Full Name (as per MyKad/IC)*:
Model of car owned:
*: Information must be provided
(copy and paste answers and entrant’s details to an e-mail and send to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than May 11, 2015)
Before you send your entry by e-mail, you must read, understand and accept the Terms & Conditions of participation in this contest which are listed below:
1. This contest is open to all residents of Malaysia except employees of Warner Bros. Pictures (Malaysia) and PROTO Malaysia Sdn Bhd (and its subsidiary companies), their immediate families, distributors, agents, newsagents and other persons related to this specific contest.
2. Participation in this contest is voluntary and no entry fee or purchase is required. The participants must agree to abide by all the Terms & Conditions stated.
3. Answers must be given to both questions otherwise the entry will be disqualified. Only one answer per question is accepted.
4. All details of the entrant must be provided otherwise the entry will be disqualified.
5. Each entrant (based on the unique MyKad number) is allowed one entry only. This is important because prize winners will have to provide their MyKad as proof of identity. Additional entries from the same person will be automatically deleted. If you are a non-Malaysian and do not possess a MyKad, then you may provide your passport number but you must state your nationality.
6. Determination on winners will be based on random selection of entries with the correct answers to all 4 questions. All correct entries will be considered and winners will be randomly selected so regardless of whether the entry is submitted early or late in the contest period, everyone has a chance.
7. Entries are to be sent only by e-mail to this address: email@example.com. No acknowledgement will be sent and due to the possibility of e-mail transmission failing, proof of sending an e-mail entry will not be considered as proof of receipt.
8. The closing date of this contest is May 11, 2015. E-mail entries will be accepted only up till 11:59 am (that’s one minute before noon) Malaysian time on May 11, 2015. The winners will be informed by e-mail by May 12, 2015. The e-mail will be sent to the address stated in the entrant’s details. The contest organizer does not accept responsibility for failure of such a notification e-mail to reach the mailbox of the winner for whatever reason as internet connections or service providers may have problems beyond our control.
9. The decision of the judges will be final on all matters and no correspondence will be entertained.
10. The location for the collection of all passes will be stated in the e-mail to winners.
11. Each participant is entitled to win one prize only (4 passes per winner). The passes cannot be exchanged for cash or other items. It should be noted that this movie is rated ’18’ and only those who are 18 years old and above will be permitted entry to watch the movie. PROTO Malaysia Sdn Bhd will not be responsible if any person below the age of 18 is denied entry to the cinema.
12. PROTO Malaysia Sdn Bhd shall reserve the right at its absolute discretion to substitute any of the prizes with that of similar value, at any time without prior notice.
13. PROTO Malaysia Sdn Bhd reserve the right to publish the names and photographs of the winners for publicity purposes. Contact details provided by all participants may also be used for future communications and/or promotions by PROTO Malaysia Sdn Bhd or its subsidiary companies.
14. PROTO Malaysia Sdn Bhd is a holding company and personal information supplied for this contest may be shared with our subsidiaries or related companies or other group companies. We will take reasonable measures to ensure that information supplied to us is held securely. All our employees who have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personal details herein are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our contest participants’ details except if required by law or regulations.